Each year since 2012, the St. Francis Fund Committee of Felician Services, Inc., encourages and invites the Felician-Sponsored Ministries to bring forward projects and programs that promote and advance the Felician Core Values for Ministry through collaborative, community-based efforts with particular emphasis on serving our most vulnerable brothers and sisters.
After a grant submission deadline on October 28, 2016, the St. Francis Fund Committee members reviewed proposals according to the published criteria during November and December. The Committee finalized its recommendations for the December Felician Services Board Meeting.
On December 20, 2016, the Felician Services Board accepted the recommendations of the St. Francis Fund Committee and awarded $441,772 in grants to 17 applications.
With the approval of the Board, these 17 applicants will receive either a full or a partial award. The ministries whose programs and projects were funded include the following which are listed in the respective ministry groups:
- Enfield Montessori School, Enfield CT – Mustard Seed Project
- Felician Children’s Center, Jackson, MI – Emergency Child Care Program
- St. Joseph Academy, Milwaukee, WI – Religious Education Programming
- Holy Name of Mary College School, Mississauga, Ontario – Innovative Stewardship for the 21st Century Girl
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart High School, Coraopolis, PA – After School Tutoring Program
- Felician University, Lodi, NJ – Academic Momentum
- Felician University, Lodi, NJ – Summer Bridge Program
- Villa Maria College, Buffalo, NY – After School Homework Program
- Villa Maria College, Buffalo, NY – Fighting Poverty through Education
- Felician Village, Manitowoc WI – Diagnostic Clinic of the Dementia Center of Excellence
- Felician Wellness Program, Centralia, IL – LEAN Program
- McGuire Memorial, New Brighton, PA – Community Solutions Now
- McGuire Memorial, New Brighton, PA – LEAP (Life Enrichment Adult Program)
- McGuire Memorial, New Brighton, PA – Steps to the Future
- Mooncrest Neighborhood Programs, Moon Township, PA – Mooncrest Messenger
- St. Felix Centre, Toronto, Ontario – Housing Support Services
- United Stand, Chicago, IL – Standing with Students Coping and Recovering from Life in the Inner City
Award recipients will provide mid- and end-of-year accountability reports to the St. Francis Fund Committee to track the progress of the respective program implementations.
For the next funding cycle, the Felician-sponsored ministries will have an opportunity to submit grant applications due at the end of October 2017.
These innovative programs and projects at the sponsored ministries clearly reflect the mission, vision and charism of the Felician Sisters. Through these grants countless individuals will be touched with compassion and love in the spirit of Blessed Mary Angela. It is easy to see how Blessed Angela’s injunction “Do whatever needs to be done” continues to be a dynamic force motivating all who serve in our Felician-sponsored ministries to recognize and respond to new needs in the local communities where we serve in the name of the Felician Sisters in North America.